Saturday, February 28, 2009

The wrong kid

Apparently I took the wrong kid to the doctor yesterday. Blaze woke up yesterday morning sounding a little croupy. I have dealt with croup before and knew exactly what the doctors would tell me. It wasn't that bad so I wasn't too worried about him. As the day progressed it got a little worse. By the time I picked him up from Aunt Telly's house after Kaia's appointment he was miserable. He sounded like a little goose. We came home and he layed down on the couch to watch Spiderman. I was cooking dinner and Blaze came in and said, "Mom, I don't feel very good." I told him to go in and lay down and I would be in to check on him. I went in and he was struggling to breath. I went in and woke Mike up and told him we needed to take Blaze to the ER. I called my mom to see if she could watch the girls. She wasn't home yet so I loaded BLaze in the truck and took him over. He didn't want to go because he didn't want to get a shot. I promised him he wouldn't have to get a shot. He just sat in my lap with his head on my chest and wouldn't talk to anybody. He didn't want them to do the pulse/ox thing. We had to fight him. When we got into the room they took his temp it was 101.6. The nurse gave him some Tylenol and the doctor came in to see what was going on. When he lifted up Blaze's shirt you could see his little lungs struggling. Poor little kid. Then the doctor tells me his plans for treatment. They did an Epinephrine blow by and a steroid SHOT! I felt so bad because I promised Blaze he wouldn't have to get one. He was brave though and got got the shot. Within 5 minutes he was back to his old self. We raced cars on the bed, and did magic tricks. The doctor wanted to make sure the medicine was working so we didn't get out of there until about 10:00. He is doing much better today, but I have to keep a close eye on him just in case he rebounds from the epinepherine.

4 comments:

  1. So glad the little guy is okay. I hate hate hate when my kids are sick because I feel so helpless and they don't really understand what is happening to their little bodies. Give him hugs for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor guy. Glad he's doing better now. One time Ryan had it so bad that I could hear him clear from the other end of the house. It woke me out of a dead sleep and it sounded like he was vomiting. I found him on the bathroom floor and he could barely breathe. It's so scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breathing Problems can be so scary! I'm glad he's doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Blaze! I hope that he is feeling better. I hate going to the doctor, that sucks that you had to go twice in one day!

    ReplyDelete

The kids

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin